Sunday, September 27, 2009

Saturday

There was a young woman trying to get signatures for a petition in front of the shop Saturday. She was really successful from what I noticed. She wants equal rights for all. Did I mention she was in a wheelchair? My first thought: What a faker! I know she can really walk, but doesn't so she will get more signatures and make people feel like jackasses for using their fully-functioning legs to blow past her. However, as the morning progressed I noticed that her disability wasn't just limited to her legs. Man, am I glad I didn't go out there and accuse her of being manipulative. If that wasn't bad enough, my next thought: That is really funny, her wanting equal rights. If everyone was treated equally, then we wouldn't have to put in wheelchair ramps, or even take disabilities in to account.
In other words, I receive the Junk Punch of the Day. Ouch.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Max, I'm enjoying these little paragraphs of yours. I think I'll start posting on my blog which is..twosheepdogs or something like that (can hardly remember its been so long since I set it up)

    ReplyDelete