Friday, September 25, 2009

Thursday

This is my very first blog posting!
Let's be honest, there are so many people who deserve a junk punch that narrowing the field to one a day is going to be difficult. Yesterday was Thursday, September 24, 2009. There are two main candidates for Junk Punch of the Day:
1) I work in a chocolate/ice cream/pastry store. A woman with an androgynous haircut walks in wearing a Charles Chocolates, based in SF, t-shirt. Clearly s/he will not have an ulterior motive for visiting, or at least will have an unbiased opinion of what we offer in the store. Nope. S/he, whose hair s/he has stolen from Jim Carey a la Dumb and Dumber, decides for some reason that I am interested in her opinion. Before I scoop ice cream, I dry off a scooper from a tub of water. While helping him/her I take a little too long making sure that I don't introduce water into the ice cream. S/he tells me that, "Real ice cream shops have little bins of water where the water runs continuosly." I cut her/him off, "Well, we serve real ice cream, so I would consider this a real ice cream shop." "Well," s/he says, "more serious ice cream shops have those little water bins." "And," s/he continues, "last time I was here the ice cream was too runny, now it looks too hard." "By the time you stop talking and start eating the ice cream, it will probably be the perfect temperature," was my reply. And then in my head, I junk punched her/him.
2) The person driving the hybrid in the fast lane going 55. So on a 3 lane highway there are two semis and a hybrid side-by-side-by-side. Junk punch!
Who is more deserving?

2 comments:

  1. I really hate slow drivers on the far left lane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the SHIM deserves it....you can always be a rude driver like me and high beam the hell out of the slower driver!

    ReplyDelete