Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Monday

Sorry for the late post, but this one is dear to my heart.
I hate Geico advertising. I change the channel every time they have a commercial shown on television. I stop watching whatever it was I was watching because I avoid having any sort of interaction with their horrible ads. This anger all began with those damn cavemen. Nobody likes them, not even their mother. Why would they have a pilot picked up by a network? Yes, ABC picked up a pilot inspired by the Geico caveman, but thankfully did not buy any episodes. And that stupid gecko. Every time I see him (before I change the channel), I hope that something will fall on him, and his eyes will pop out. I think their advertisers had that same thought, so they took the eyes that popped out of the gecko and put them on a stack of money. I realize that all advertisers take clever ideas and run them into the ground. However, Geico reaches new levels of sadism with their regurgitated, stale ideas. Who keeps signing off on these commercials? Why don't they ask for something new? "It is new, the caveman is running around town while Nickelback sings a song, creating a dramatic music video look for the commercial. We've never done that before!" I want to junk punch you. I would even be willing to pay with a tooth.

2 comments:

  1. Uhg...I feel you on this one! I HATE those commercials. Know which ones I love though? AT&T! And they need a new one...it's been a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They have one. It is alright, but I am afraid the magic is fading

    ReplyDelete