Friday, October 9, 2009

Friday

I can't believe that I even have to address this. Do not reach behind a sneeze guard to grab something. People blow my mind with what they find acceptable. We serve diamant cookies. People will reach over the entire counter, behind the sneeze guard and grab cookies with their hands. Really?! Also, they will grab a handful of small spoons, take one, and put the rest back in the cup full of spoons. I just don't get it. Today, a woman grabbed a metal spoon, used to stir coffee, took it outside, and then brought it back in after she was done eating with it. A man actually reached OVER the sneeze guard and grabbed the specific cookie he wanted. Why do they think this is alright? I am a big advocate of not even touching the glass if you have to point, let alone leaning against the glass. One time I was at Bajio with a friend when a woman in front of us was talking on her phone and bossing the Lation gentleman working. She was standing on her tippy toes so that she was able to point her finger directly over what she wanted. All the while she only gave single word commands as if the worker was a dog. I interjected, "Excuse me, but I don't really want to have whatever is on your hands on my food. And, for your information, he can speak perfect English even though he is brown." Fred started laughing. And from then on, the worker would give me a free soda and talk about his family. He probably had to deal with ladies like that all the time. I junk punch people in my imagination whenever they reach their grubby hands and take something instead of ask for it.

2 comments:

  1. I remember you yelling at her. First things first; the bitch had it coming. She was rude. Second; I was laughing because I was really uncomfortable.

    Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Brown people can speak English too. I never knew. Seriously, high five from me. Ladies like that should be lynched.

    ReplyDelete